The Eastman Charitable Foundation’s mission is to promote environmental stewardship, education, and green recreation through grants and scholarships. We serve Grantham, Enfield, and Springfield – including the Eastman Community. We award grants to area schools, towns, Conservation Commissions, and other local organizations to support projects within our mission. Our Grants and Scholarship Programs are supported by individual and community partner donations. The Foundation is a volunteer-based organization, which keeps our administrative costs to a minimum while maximizing the local impact of each donation we receive.
2023 Shawn Phelps Scholarships
Each year, the Eastman Charitable Foundation offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors planning to study Environmental Science, Sustainability, or related field. This year we granted four scholarships to students living full or part-time in Eastman or the towns of Enfield, Grantham or Springfield.
Anya Munholand receiving a 2023 scholarship award from ECF Trustee Steve Barker
Earth Day 2023
In celebration of Earth Day (April 22, 2023), the Eastman Charitable Foundation Trustees have collected several links to fun and engaging local activities and events for all ages. We hope you will take a moment to investigate all the creative ways to learn about the environment and focus on our incredible planet.
1. VITAL COMMUNITIES. Go “Questing” – Family fun for all ages: Choose from over 160 outdoor Valley Quests located all over the Upper Valley. Follow a map and clues to find a treasure chest filled with more information about the quest you are on. For more info and a list of Quests, please visit Valley Quest by clicking here.
2. The Montshire Museum of Science in Norwich, VT is a fun hands-on science center for the whole family. Learn more about their exhibits here.
3. The Loon Preservation Committee Center in Moultonborough, NH is a great place to view interpretive exhibits, attend presentations and enjoy a fantastic nature walk. Learn more here.
4. NH Audubon. Learn all about birds, bird watching, bird health and more by clicking on the links to their homepage and The State of the Birds.
5. NHPR Climate Summit was held on Thursday, April 13. If you are interested in viewing the livestream of the event, click here.
2022 Hybrid Fall Forum
Thank you to all who attended our Annual Fall Forum on October 14th. Our presenter, Pamela Hunt, has provided links to her “State of NH Birds” report and a link to learn more about NH Audubon. Thanks, Pam, for a great presentation. We learned a lot.
NH Gives 2022
Thank you to all who supported the Eastman Charitable Foundation during the 2022 New Hampshire Gives 24 hour giving event on June 8 and 9.
We raised $7,295 from 56 donors.
Thank you 2022 Campership Program Community Supporter!
Thank you to our Community Partner, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, for supporting our 2022 summer campership program!
Eastman Charitable Foundation Grants by Location