The Eastman Charitable Foundation’s mission is to promote environmental stewardship, education, and green recreation through grants and scholarships.
Who We Serve
We serve Grantham, Enfield, and Springfield – including the Eastman Community. We award grants to area schools, towns, Conservation Commissions, and other local organizations to support projects within our mission.
How We Operate
Our Grants and Scholarship Programs are supported by individual and community partner donations. The Foundation is a volunteer-based organization, which keeps our administrative costs to a minimum while maximizing the local impact of each donation we receive.
2023 Annual Fall Forum
The Night Visitors: Wildlife Images Captured on Backyard Game Cameras
Presented by: NH Forest Society Naturalist & NHPR Something Wild Co-Host Dave Anderson
- Open to the Public in person or online
- 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m (doors open at 6:30)
- Grantham Town Hall, 300 Rt. 10S, Grantham NH 03753
- This hybrid event will also be available online. Please register for the online option.
Learn about wildlife habits and habitats including seasonal breeding seasons and behaviors of local native wildlife in the Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Region.
How do forest food cycles drive the relative abundance or shortage of wildlife we see on our backyards? What is the current status of bobcats and bears in NH? How do oak acorn cycles affect the populations of the rodent prey base? When do porcupines mate? How might climate change affect long term wildlife populations found in NH forests?
When cameras are placed strategically, they can provide unique opportunities to learn more about wildlife behavior. Bring your own wildlife photographs and your various NH wildlife questions to this entertaining and informative evening presentation.
Do you have any game cam images of your own? Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 10 for inclusion in a pre-talk slide show!
2023 Shawn Phelps Scholarships
Each year, the Eastman Charitable Foundation offers scholarships to graduating high school seniors planning to study Environmental Science, Sustainability, or related field. This year we granted four scholarships to students living full or part-time in Eastman or the towns of Enfield, Grantham or Springfield.
Anya Munholand receiving a 2023 scholarship award from ECF Trustee Steve Barker
Earth Day 2023
In celebration of Earth Day (April 22, 2023), the Eastman Charitable Foundation Trustees have collected several links to fun and engaging local activities and events for all ages. We hope you will take a moment to investigate all the creative ways to learn about the environment and focus on our incredible planet.
1. VITAL COMMUNITIES. Go “Questing” – Family fun for all ages: Choose from over 160 outdoor Valley Quests located all over the Upper Valley. Follow a map and clues to find a treasure chest filled with more information about the quest you are on. For more info and a list of Quests, please visit Valley Quest by clicking here.
2. The Montshire Museum of Science in Norwich, VT is a fun hands-on science center for the whole family. Learn more about their exhibits here.
3. The Loon Preservation Committee Center in Moultonborough, NH is a great place to view interpretive exhibits, attend presentations and enjoy a fantastic nature walk. Learn more here.
5. NHPR Climate Summit was held on Thursday, April 13. If you are interested in viewing the livestream of the event, click here.
2022 Hybrid Fall Forum
Thank you to all who attended our Annual Fall Forum on October 14th. Our presenter, Pamela Hunt, has provided links to her “State of NH Birds” report and a link to learn more about NH Audubon. Thanks, Pam, for a great presentation. We learned a lot.
NH Gives 2022
Thank you to all who supported the Eastman Charitable Foundation during the 2022 New Hampshire Gives 24 hour giving event on June 8 and 9.
We raised $7,295 from 56 donors.
Thank you 2022 Campership Program Community Supporter!
Thank you to our Community Partner, Bar Harbor Bank & Trust, for supporting our 2022 summer campership program!
Eastman Charitable Foundation Grants by Location